EX.1 –Put the verbs in brackets into Present Simple or Present Continuous.
1) I (not talk)______________to my sister at the moment. She’s so nosy! She (always/read) _____________my letters and I (think)_____________she (even/look at)_____________my diary:
2) I (not/understand)______________my father. He (say)______________he (hate)__________driving but he
(already/own)________________two carss and he(think)_____________of buying another.
3) I (smell) ___________something burning.
4) Mary (see) ________________John tomorrow evening. They (go)______________to the cinema.
5) He (generally/wear)______________dark suits, but today he (wear)_______________a light one.
6) Mark (not/ know)________________what he will do after school.
7) Andrew (always/come)______________back home late. It (make)_____________me angry!
8) What (you/do)_____________? I (be) ____________a teacher, but I (not/work)_____________at the moment.
9) Can I speak to Tom? I’m sorry: he (have)_____________a shower.
10) When (you/boil)_____________water, it (evaporate)_____________and it (become)_____________steam.
EX. 2 – Fill in the blanks with one of these adverbs : QUITE – RATHER –VERY.
1) My car’s ___________reliable. It almost never breaks down.
2) The actors on ‘Mai dire Gol’ are __________funny! I cry with laughter whenever I watch them.
3) You’re __________right! She’s expecting a baby.
4) Our neighbour is ____________nosy. She is always watching us from behind the curtain.
5) It’s ___________impossible to get the tickets. They sell out within half an hour.
EX.3 – Give the correct adjective for each definition.
-someone who refuses to change his/her mind______________
-someone who is always telling other people what to do________________
-someone who changes mood suddenly________________
-someone who is practical and able to make good decisions__________________
-someone who is never afraid______________
EX: 4 - Write the adjective with the opposite connotation.
crafty = ________________ nosy =________________ mean=________________accurate=______________
EX.5 – Express a) agreement b) disagreement with the following sentences:
1) I feel rally tired ________________ _________________
2) I am working hard ________________ _________________
3) I am not extravagant ________________ _________________
4) I thought the exam was easy ________________ _________________
5) I’ve never seen this film before _______________ _________________
6) I will be here next week _______________ _________________
7) I’d like to be a model _______________ _________________
8) I can’t sing _______________ _________________
EX.6 – Rewrite the following sentences replacing the underlined verbs with PHRASAL VERBS.
1) The Second World War started suddenly in 1939.
2) She was late because her car stopped working on the way here.
3) The thieves entered the house by force last night.
4) Her husband died so she had to raise the children by herself.
5) When he arrived nobody was there because the meeting had been cancelled.
Top twentytwo collaboratori attivi
Didattica, Pedagogia, Musica, Ed. fisica, Religione, Software, Corsi online, Francese, Tedesco, Spagnolo, AltreMaterie, Atuttascuola 2.0, Docenti, Studenti, Biblioteca di letteratura italiana, Autopresentazione del webmaster, Hanno scritto di noi, Collabora con noi, Segnala un sito, Note legali, E-mail, Newsletter