FOR MONDAY, THE 9TH OF MAY
Scegli la forma corretta tra quelle sottolineate (c’è un caso in cui due possibilità sono accettate):
1. Jack is / is going to be sixty-five next month, so he retires / will retire.
2. Quick, here comes a police car! What will we say / are we going to say about the broken window?
3. Helen and Andrew are separating / separate.
4. Don’t be impatient! Ill come / Im going to come-
5. I have to be back at 3.30 so Im leaving / Im leave before l’unch.
6. What do you think you are doing / will do in the next 5 years?
7. Come on, get a move on (datti una mossa) or well miss / were going to miss the train!
8, Will you work / Are you going to work) / Do you work the week after Christmas? I was thinking of visiting you.
9. By the time Jim gets back, it’ll be / it’s being too late.
10. Don’t phone after 11.00, because I m going to sleep / Ill sleep early.
Scegli la forma appropriata per terminare le seguenti frasi.
1. It’s no use phoning Bob (è inutile telefonare a Bob) at the office, he
WILL LEAVE IS LEAVING
2. Everyone says that this year City
ARE GOING TO WIN THE CUP ARE WINNING THE CUP WILL WIN THE CUP
3. I don’t feel like (non mi va di) visiting my relatives this year so
I WON’T GO I’M NOT GOING I DONT GO
4. According to the latest forecast, the tunnel
WILL BE FINISHED IS FINISHING
5. You can borrow this calculator, I
AM NOT GOING TO NEED IT AM NOT NEEDING WILL NOT NEED
6. I’m sorry dinner isn’t ready yet, but it
IS GOING TO BE READY SOON WILL BE READY SOON IS R-EADY SOON
7. Can you send me the results as soon as you
HEAR ANYTHING? ARE HEARING ANYTHING? WILL HEAR ANYTHING.
8. You can’t try asking Martin for help but
HE WON’T TELL YOU IS NOT TELLING YOU IS NOT GOING TO TELL YOU
9. Don’t worry about the mistake you made, nobody
IS NOTICING WILL NOTICE NOTICES
Scegli se entrambe le possibilità qui segnalate sono corrette o se una solo è appropriata.
1 . You can’t leave early, we’re having a meeting/ we-re going to have a meeting.
2. We’ve run out of fuel (abbiamo terminato la benzina).
What are we doing now/ What are we going to do now?
3. Oh dear, I’ve broken the vase.
What will your mother say? What is your mother going to say?
4. According to the weather forecast, it’ll rain tomorrow/ it’s going to rain tomorrow.
5. I’d like to call round and see you. What are you doing/ What are you going to do in the mominal?
6. I’ve got nothing to do tomorrow so I’ll get up late / I’m going to get up late.
7. It’s my eighteenth birthday next month so I’m having a party / Ill have a party.
8. Why don’t you come with us? It’ll be a great trip /It’s going to be a great trip.
1. “Dont re-enter the house!”
The firemen ___________________________________________________________
2. “It would be a good idea for you to see a doctor”
3. “There has been a rumour (voce) that the President is ill”
Jennifer told me___________________________________________________________
4. ‘@’Shall you dance?”
5. “Come and visit me at home tonight”
6. “Me? No, 1 didn’t take Sue’s calculator”
7. “Don’t forget to buy some milk, Andy”
Andy’s mother told him___________________________________________________________
8. “In the end, I think I’ll take the brown pair”
9. “The management claimed that all strikers have returned to work”
10. “Why don’t you do anything?”
My mother asked me___________________________________________________________
11. “Does she like her new job?”
Jack wanted to know___________________________________________________________
12. “Would you like to come on holiday with me?”
He asked me___________________________________________________________
13. “You really must take a holiday”
My boss said___________________________________________________________
14. “We were driving home when we had an accident in front of the Post Office”
Read the article and complete with correct words.
The ostrich is the (1) bird in the world, and an adult can be more (2) 90 kilos. Most wild ostriches live (3) southern Africa, but there are only a (4) of them left. Like all birds, ostriches have wings, (5) they cannot fly. They use (6) wings to help them turn when they are running. Ostriches can run very fast, from 65 to 90 kilometres (7) hour, so it is very difficult (8) other animals to catch them. Baby ostriches are the same size as chickens and take about years to become adults. Ostriches (9) plants and can live for many days.
1. large larger largest
2. than of like
3. on in at
4. few little lot
5. or and but
6. them their its
7. a an one
8. for to by
9. ate eats eat