TERZA PROVA – INGLESE
KUBLA KHAN by S.T.Coleridge
1. Later in the 19th century Nietzsche was to theorise that poetry has religious origin: either Apollonian (based on beauty and harmony) or Dionysian (horrid, awesome but also sublime”, according to the Romantic way of using this word)
What is Apollonian and Dyonisian in Kubla Khan? Explain using about 60 words.
2. Is the setting of the first part of the poem identical to the one of the second part? If not, describe the settings you have been able to identify
Use about 80 words
3. There are several oppositions in lines 1-30.
Group the words and phrases from the text with similar connotations under the following headings:
4. In your opinion what reconciles all these opposites
5. What power would the music of the Abyssinian maid give the poet?